BRITNEY Spears has rejected a $10 million offer to join the next season of The X Factor, according to reports.
Reports this week that the pop star was considering a $10 million offer to judge or host on next autumn’s season of The X Factor are out of date, according to a knowledgeable individual in Spears’ camp.
The singer allegedly rejected that offer three weeks ago and is instead thinking about an offer to become a resident performer at a Las Vegas hotel like Celine Dion. They say that Spears’ camp want $20 million for her to do the job. A spokeswoman for The X Factor refused to confirm or comment on the speculation.
TV executives at Fox have previously declined to comment on the matter when contacted by MailOnline, but insiders say the 30-year-old songstress is keen to join the hit show in theory.
There are two vacant spaces to fill alongside Simon Cowell and LA Reid after Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger were fired.
Sources have told Us Weekly and Sunday World Brit has her eye on the job. One insider close to newly-engaged Britney told Sunday World: ‘The timing is perfect. Brit would loveto connect with fans on a weekly basis and loves working on TV after several guest appearances on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother.’
Almost 10,000 fans have voted for Britney to appear as a judge on fan site breathheavy.com. Back in 2008 Britney performed Womanizer on the British version of X Factor – but was heavily criticised for miming.
Fox has still not confirmed who is to replace Nicole and Paula. While an appearance by Britney is looking more and more likely, Janet Jackson has declined a potential offer to sit beside Simon and LA Reed on the panel.
British judge, and Simon Cowell cohort, Louis Walsh also confirmed that the iconic star was in talks to join the team.